Lely High Class of 1988
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lely High Class of 1988

Class reunion message board for Lely High Class of 1988.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where is everyone??

Go down 
+4
Ray Gideon
Jill Cook (Lucas)
Marelys Delashmet(Torres)
Kelly Taylor (O'Hara)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelly Taylor (O'Hara)

Where is everyone?? Empty
PostSubject: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-21, 09:21

Hello!
I was wondering where all of you are living now and what you are doing? I left Naples in 1988 and didn't really keep in contact. I have only visited Naples a couple of times (last time in 2002). I moved to Traverse City, Michigan and worked odd jobs for a few years (bank, waitress, bartender, teacher's aide). I know, quite the variety! I received a scholarship to finish college. I have a Masters in Ed. Tech. I now live in Belmont, MI (Grand Rapids area) and teach 3rd grade. Best job in the world! I've been married 8 years and have 2 children. MaRynn is 6 and Zach is 4. I also became a fitness instructor 3 years ago and play a lot of golf with my family. I am very blessed! LIFE IS GOOD!!! Would love to contact Jodie Chute and Jacqui Wozniak if anyone knows where they are.
ktaylor@rockford.k12.mi.us
Back to top Go down
Marelys Delashmet(Torres)

PostSubject: Regarding Jodie Chute   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-21, 12:23

I have some information on the message I posted labeled "Believe it on not alot of us are still here in Naples".
Back to top Go down
http://1flinsgroup.mymedicalquotes.com
Jill Cook (Lucas)

Jill Cook (Lucas)

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-24, 15:53

I am up in Northern Virginia (about 60 miles west of Washington, D.C.). I have been married to Tim for 14 years, and we have 6 children - Timmy (12), John Paul (11), Anna (10), Theresa (9), Maria (7), and Ethan (5), and we're hoping for more, God willing.

I haven't been back to Naples since April 1998, but will probably be getting down there more often since my parents just recently moved back down to the area (to the new town of Ave Maria).
Back to top Go down
Ray Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-24, 23:50

I left Naples to attend college in Brevard, NC. After learning to consume large amounts of beer 'er... I mean attending college and a brief stay at home, I moved to Las Vegas where I worked for an engineering firm doing high-rise work through the 90s. Yes, life in Vegas in your 20s is a lot of fun (what happens in Vegas...). In 2001 I moved to the northern suburbs of Atlanta where I now work and play.

I am married with three amazing children (2 girls [10 & 7] and 1 boy [5]). Unlike Jill though we're done! We freaked out once we realized we were outnumbered.

I currently hold the position of Vice President (ya if they only knew...) for ECS Southeast, LLC which is a Geotechnical, Environmental & Construction Engineering firm. I still surf but now fly to the beach for a fix (my form of "guy’s night out"). I haven't been to Naples in quite a while but do hit Cocoa and/or Melbourne Beach about once a month. Other hobbies are motocross and skateboarding (you know for the boy).

Hit me with a PM I'd love to hear for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/myst8ofmind
John Loute

John Loute

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-25, 12:27

It's so exciting to read about everyone. I am ashamed to say that I haven't kept up with anyone over the years. I plan on dusting off my yearbook to reminisce a bit.

I live in Lakeland Florida, married to Eugenie since 1991 and have three beautiful children: Jeanice 15, Jonathan 9 and Joshua 7. My mother, brother and sister still live in Naples so I visit every four to five months or so. Can't wait to see everyone...[img]
Back to top Go down
Missy Op

PostSubject: HI!   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-29, 19:32

Wow! 20 years! Ya right! No way, can't be. I am convinced
that I am still 24 years old! I moved back to Ohio in 1991
I used to visit often until my parents moved back to Ohio too. I was actually in Ft Myers this past June, drove by my old house which was weird but did not have enough time to really check out the old hang outs spots! However I did get to drink legally at the Snook Inn! Can't wait to see everyone! I better get the yearbook out and brush up on names and faces!!
Back to top Go down
Missy Op

PostSubject: HI!   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-08-29, 19:33

Wow! 20 years! Ya right! No way, can't be. I am convinced
that I am still 24 years old! I moved back to Ohio in 1991
I used to visit often until my parents moved back to Ohio too. I was actually in Ft Myers this past June, drove by my old house which was weird but did not have enough time to really check out the old hang outs spots! However I did get to drink legally at the Snook Inn! Can't wait to see everyone! I better get the yearbook out and brush up on names and faces!!
Back to top Go down
Wendy Golemon

Wendy Golemon

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-09-06, 00:57

Hey All! Wendy Golemon here. I'm still in Naples. I have 2 kids. 1 girl that is 17 and a senior at Palmetto Ridge and a son that's 3......yes I'm crazy....but, that's beside the point. And I actuallly still have all of my hair....lol
I work at the hopsital in Naples (not NCH) doing Managed Care Contracting for insurance companys. I'm willing to help with the reunion if I can but, I missed the meeting at Rob's office on Tuesday. So, somebody let me know what happened! Keep in touch!
Great Job Nyna!!!!
Back to top Go down
John Loute

John Loute

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-04, 21:43

I must admit that Mark's posting freaked me out a little and compels me to share this story with you all from my local paper today. To top it off, this guy leaves just five minutes from my house. Weird stuff... By the way, the LHS stands for Lakeland High School and not Lely. Take care... JL

LHS Grad Accused of Threatening Ex-Classmates
Ledger Staff

LAKELAND | A Lakeland man who told sheriff's detectives he hated everyone from his high school days is in jail today after he was arrested for sending threatening e-mails to former classmates. After arresting him detectives found hundreds of explosive devices in his home.

Timothy Vaughn's home at 1045 Hallam Drive
Arrested was Timothy Joseph Vaughn, 39, of 1045 Hallam Drive. He is charged with aggravated cyberstalking.

Polk Sheriff Grady Judd said at a press conference this morning that Vaughn subscribes to classmates.com and received several e-mails inviting him to the class of 1987 reunion. Vaughn is a member of the class of 1987.

Vaughn sent e-mails back to the woman who was organizing the reunion, telling her not to send any more e-mails, but he kept receiving them, Judd said.

On Sept. 10, at 3:40 p.m., Judd said, Vaughn sent the woman a profanity-laced e-mail:

"I have been 20 years getting over your preppy b-----! Nobody talked to me back then so stop tallking to me now. So ----- -----. I can make Virginia Tech look like a ----- birthday party. Stop messing with me!"

The Virginia Tech reference was to the April shooting at the school in which 33 people were killed.

Judd said that when sheriff's investigators came to his house, Vaughn told them a number of things investigators found troubling because they indicate a personality type of someone who is potentially dangerous:

Vaughn is 39, unemployed, lives with his parents, claims he has a high i.q. (147), said that he is schizophrenic, said that his memories of high school cause him problems to this day and he hates everyone from his high school days.

He told investigators he was a loner and didn't trust people in the community. He admitted sending the e-mails, and said he was drinking or drunk when he sent them, Judd said.

"When you look at his self-described personality, when you look at the fact that he blames his high school years for his problems, you can see why we're concerned," Judd said.

When investigators arrested Vaughn they followed him into his bedroom so he could get his medication. They saw on his bed a plastic zip-lock baggie with 10 M-80 explosive devices in it, Judd said.

Judd said Vaughn had a total of 178 fully constructed M-80s and M-100s; which Judd said would have been enough to blow up the house. Also the plastic baggie causes static electricity that can cause explosions. There also were explosives near a fuse box, which can also cause explosives to go off, Judd saud,

Vaughn is being held without bond until first appearance hearing, which will take place this afternoon..

The State Fire Marshal, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and the Tampa Bay regional bomb squad helped collect the evidence.

Last modified: October 04. 2007 1:08PM
Back to top Go down
Ray Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 18:19

Well John that's one way to kill the message board... I am now frantically removing all traces of my existence.

btw - I am really Wade Cleary just posing as Ray. (You know me always joking around Laughing ) Haven't seen Ray in years... matter of fact i don't think he knows about this site. Keep trying to get a hold of him Nyna! What a Face

Wade (not Ray)
Back to top Go down
John Loute

John Loute

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 20:06

Ray uh Wade-Wanna-Be,

Do you still wear those ugly glasses? Can't wait to see you buddy. How's life in Atlanta?

I had to share that article Bro. Our event will be perfect no doubt... JL
Back to top Go down
Ray Gideon

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 21:13

Wha?? Ugly glasses? If you are referring to the beer goggles, I only wore them on the weekends. Got to love crashing those Naples High parties...
Back to top Go down
Nyna Lyle

Nyna Lyle

PostSubject: Alrighty then...   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 23:19

Well, Thank you John for that uplifting post *shudder*... I am hopeful no one has it in for me *shudder again*......and hopefully I didn't make anyone's life miserable in high school...I highly doubt it...but if i did..I apologize profusely.

Ray I can totally relate on the Naples High parties...I think I went to more Naples High parties than Lely parties...okay let's see ...weekend in Naples in 1987-88....let's spend two hours getting ready to go out, get older simbling to buy wine coolers, pile 4-5 girls into mustang/toyota corolla, go to the mall wait until 9pm to gather at the food court to find parties, to leave party, to circle the pier to find another party, to drop off friends or be dropped off just in time to arrive home just after curfew...fun fun!!

I don't remember Ray wearing glasses either...I do remember him being...as far as a level of consciousness goes...similar to a Jeff Spicoli...if any of you say you don't know who Jeff Spicoli is I have two things to ask:

1. Are you sure you grew up in the 80s?
2. Are you sure you didn't confuse the name Ray Gideon with Jeff Spicoli? I mean really..look at the photo below...they could have been brothers!

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine"...righteous!

Where is everyone?? 151442__fasttimes_l

Last edited by on 2007-10-08, 23:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
John Loute

John Loute

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 23:28

Well, we're even. You have ruined my hopes for a good night's sleep...

Does anybody know anything about Lee Marino. I think he went by Joe during our tenth. I feel so awful for not staying in touch with him and so many others...
Back to top Go down
Nyna Lyle

Nyna Lyle

PostSubject: Lee...   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-08, 23:33

Hmmm...if he went by Joe it is news to me..I always knew him as Lee.

I don't have any idea of what happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Wendy

PostSubject: Joe "Lee" Marino   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-21, 16:27

I know that Joe or Lee Marino is still in Naples. He plays music around town some of the places are at Buffalo Chips in Bonita, at Donna's Silver Dollar in Naples, and the Bonita Flea Market on Sunday afternoons.
He did an Elvis thing for awhile I think his website is or something like that. Anyway, now he does more Bluegrass I'm not sure the naam of his band now though. I'll try to find out thought I know his sister.He's pretty good so you should try to catch him sometime.

Wendy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
John Loute

John Loute

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-21, 20:02

Thanks for the info. I will try to track him down. I feel ashamed for not staying in touch with someone that was near and dear to me. Can't wait to see all next year...
Back to top Go down
Nyna Lyle

Nyna Lyle

PostSubject: Seek and ye shall find....   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-21, 22:45

Wow, here is Lee "Joe" Marino.

Where is everyone?? PinkCadillac

I found this write up about him...

http://www.rockabillyhall.com/barrySWFLA03.html

Where is everyone?? MVC067F

Where is everyone?? My%20pics%20016

Here is his website:

http://www.elvisentertainment.com/

Here is his email: joemarinonetmail@netscape.net or rockabillygreasr@aol.com
Back to top Go down
Jill Cook (Lucas)

Jill Cook (Lucas)

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2007-10-24, 18:19

[[Wow, here is Lee "Joe" Marino.]]

I knew it!! I knew Elvis was still alive!
Back to top Go down
LarryS

LarryS

PostSubject: Hello   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2008-02-19, 11:17

Hello Everyone. I found this site accidently on purpose. I was wondering if we were going to have a 20th this year and hit find class mates on Myspace and here I am.
Sorry I have not been around much for the last 20 years I will explain.
To those who may not remember me My name is still Larry Sims (after reading many of the post). I was known as PK in school.
I have been married for 20 years in Dec. to the same woman I was dating my senior year. I have 2 wonderful children ages 17 and 15.

I went to collage (USF...way before they had a football team), Joined the Army (retired as an Officer in 1999...they finally let me leave for good in 2003) and have worked in the Medical Field since.
I am an Executive Administrator for a Doctor and own an IT company in the Tampa Bay area where I have lived for the last 8 years.

My email address if anyone wants ot get ahold of me is:
larryes88@aol.com

This site is in my favorites and I look forward to talking and seeing everyone soon.

Larry
Back to top Go down
just jen

PostSubject: where are we now?   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime2008-05-22, 00:56

Let's see, I am jen Kramer-Meller, and am living in Arizona where I have been for the past 10 years. After high school I went to art school here and then moved around the midwest and even had a short stunt back on Marco Island. I have 2 amazing kids, Blake is 10 and Maddy is 6. I work for the school district as a Director for Community Education and spend my free time traveling. I had planned to attend the 20 year, but just can't seem to get away this time of year.

I keep in touch with a few from Lely, but haven't seen most in almost 15 years. Returned for a visit in 1997 and got engaged while on that vacation on the beach right in front of the Marco Marriott. (Cheezy I know)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone??   Where is everyone?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lely High Class of 1988 :: Talk About Whatever!-
Jump to: